Library is the soul of any institution, Navajyothi is also have well established library. NJC library is named as KNOWLEDGE HUB. Knowledge Hub is a centre of acquiring, processing, preserving and disseminating information to the user community with the motto of empowering knowledge. Knowledge Hub has wide range of academic resources such as books, periodicals, online periodicals, project reports, and question bank. College has a Library Council comprising Director, Heads of the various Departments. Librarian and Student Representatives to assist in procuring books, journals, and magazines. Library Council is responsible for the upkeep of the library facilities.
Library uses COMPANIO, an Integrated Library Management System, for its operations. This allows users to search a book author-wise, title-wise, subject-wise. College has a digital library section which contains E-books, E-journals and question papers of all previously conducted university examinations of the courses/programmes available in the digital library section.
For the smooth functioning of the library, it has guide lines
- Students are requested maintain absolute silence and seriousness in the library.
- Library is open from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on all working days
- Absence from the college will not be deemed as an excuse for delay in the return of books
- Books are issued to the members for 15 days and can be renewed only once.
- The entry to the library will be restricted to Navajyothi college students and staff only.
- Book holder need to give the fine per day per volume, if books are not returned or renewed on time.
- Identity card is a must for all library transactions, students are not allowed to enter the knowledge hub without carrying wearing ID card
- Personal books /printed reading materials, issued books (except return/re-issue purpose) are not allowed inside the library.
- Four books are issued at a time to postgraduate students, three books to the third year UG students and two books each to the second and the first year UG students
- A particular book once issued cannot be issued for a second consecutive borrowing period, unless sufficient numbers of copies of the same title are available
- Reference books, journals and periodicals are not allowed to issue
- Any sort of marking or underlying on pages and removing pages of books are absolutely forbidden.
- Any violation of the library rules and regulations will result in disciplinary process including cancellation of library membership.
- The use of cell phones in the library is forbidden. Users are not permitted to chew or consume food items in the library.
- Every user must return the books/journals in its original place after its use has been served
- Rudeness to library staff and other library users will be subjected to disciplinary action
- Any damage or defacement of library materials is strictly prohibited and users found damaging material will have to follow disciplinary procedures. Library users are to report any instances of such defacement to library staff.