NAVAJYOTHI COLLEGE CHERUPUZHA NSS UNIT No:56
In India, the idea of involving students in the task of national service dates back to the times of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. The central theme which he tried to impress upon his student audience time and again, was that they should always keep before them, their social responsibility. The first duty of the students should be, not to treat their period of study as one of the opportunities for indulgence in intellectual luxury, but for preparing themselves for final dedication in the service of those who provided the sinews of the nation with the national goods & services so essential to society. Advising them to form a living contact with the community in whose midst their institution is located, he suggested that instead of undertaking academic research about economic and social disability, the students should do “something positive so that the life of the villagers might be raised to a higher material and moral level”.
The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students development & appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration towards other living beings.
The vision is to build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society and work for the social uplift of the down-trodden masses of our nation as a movement.
Selection process begins on 5.12.2020
The selection process for the new NSS volunteers is beginning on 5th December 2020. Those who like to join NSS unit of the college shall report to Programme Officer.
Up Coming Programmes
- WORLD AIDS DAY (01/12/2020).
- WORLD DAY OF DISABLE (03/12/2020).
- HUMAN RIGHTS DAY (10/12/2020)
Completed Activities 2020-21
- GANDHI JAYANTI CELEBRATION – CAMPUS CLEANING DRIVE (02/10/2020).
- INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR OLDER PERSONS - CELEBRATION (01/10/2020).
- HELPING TO CONDUCT UNIVERSITY SEMESTER EXAMINATION UNDER COVID-19 PROTOCOL (29/09/2020 - 09/10/2020).
- VISITING AASHRAYA CHARATIBLE TRUST - REHABILITATED BLIND PERSONS (25/09/2020).
- NSS DAY CELEBRATION - ONLINE FEST (24/09/2020).
- OZONE DAY AWARENESS PROGRAMME (16/09/2020)
- DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES TO ONLINE FEST WINNERS (05/09/2020).
- TEACHERS’ DAY CELEBRATION (05/09/2020).
- DIGITAL POOKKALAM COMPETITION (28/08/2020).
- SADBHAVANA DAY CELEBRATION (20/08/2020).
- ONAM KIT PREPARATION (18/08/2020-19/08/2020).
- ONAM KIT DISTRIBUTION TO TRIBAL PEOPLES & PALLIATIVE CARE PEASANTS (20/08/2020-21/08/2020).
- PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION (16/08/2020).
- INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION (15/08/2020).
- PENCIL DRAWING COMPETITION (15/08/2020).
- ENVIRONMENT IMPACT ASSESSMENT VIDEO CREATION (11/08/2020).
- SHENAHADEEPAM – TRIBUTES TO THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES IN THE FLOODS AND PLANE CRASHES (10/08/2020).
- DIGITAL COLLAGE COMPETITION (04/08/2020).
- LUNAR DAY CELEBRATION (20/07/2020).
- CLEANING DAY CELEBRATION ON THE CAMPUS (19/07/2020).
- ONLINE ELOCUTION COMPETITION (14/07/2020).
- CORONA AWERNESS VIDEO CREATION (02/07/2020).
- YOGA DAY CELEBRATION - CONDUCTING AND HOSTING A WEBINAR (21/06/2020).
- POSTER MAKING COMPETITION (19/06/2020).
- WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY CELEBRATION (05/06/2020).
- EPIDEMIC QUIZ COMPETITION (02/06/2020).
- NSS VOLUNTEERS’ SERVICE AT PANCHAYATH CALL CENTERS (20/05/2020-28/06/2020).
- PAPER BAG MAKING (07/10/2020).
- NATIONAL POST DAY (10/10/2020).
- INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR NATURAL DISASTERS REDUCTION (13/10/2020).
- WHITE CANE DAY-BLIND WALK (15/10/2020).
- WORLD FOOD DAY (16/10/2020).
- PLANING FOR NSS SNEHA VEED (03/11/2020).
- NATIONAL CANCER AWARENESS DAY (07/11/2020).
- CHILDREN’S DAY (14/11/2020).
- NATIONAL INTEGRATION DAY (19/11/2020).