Department of English
English is a global language that has brought people and cultures together. It has now, in the current global scenario, become the language of education, technology, trade and cross-cultural relations. In addition to its basic functionality in helping to widen the learners’ perspective by introducing them to sundry cultures across the globe, English literature as a discipline caters even to the inculcation of values as it enriches communicative skills, and thereby grooms the holistic development of the youth. Learning of literature thus contributes richly to community living and comradeship. The Department of English offers under graduate and post graduate courses.
- Started B.A English with journalism in 2014
- Started M.A English in 2018
- To promote Language skills
- To teach and train students in communication skills
- To enable students to manage life’s situation
- To develop students’ personality and linguistic competence.
- Conduct Propaedeutic classes for fledglings of all departments every year
- Conducted a series of invited talks on various topics by eminent Professors
- Outreach Programmes for PG Students
- Conducted a class on ‘The Basics of Self-defense’ at Govt. U.P School, Kannivayal, Cherupuzha
- A short course in Yoga conducted to help the students overcome emotional and physical disorders
- Conducted various inter departmental competitions.
- Creating eco-friendly premises of the department with the twin objectives of beautifying the department and to encourage the students to tend to indoor plants and thereby to be one with nature.