The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2016 at NJC to ensure and promote quality aspects in the college’s overall functioning.The main objective of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the college since quality enhancement is a continuous process, a dedicated and active IQAC reviews and recommends holistic measures towards promoting academic excellence. Since the establishment of the cell, a judicious observance was followed for creating better learning experience and innovative ecosystem for academics. It strives to develop quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute. IQAC facilitates creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education by faculty adopting technology driven participatory teaching and learning process.
Goals and Objectives
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- To promote quality enhancement measures for the college’s effective functioning by creating quality consciousness among stakeholders and promoting best practices.
Functions Of IQAC
- Arrange for feedback from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education through organizing inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institute, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institute for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Development of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format.