The Department of BCA, Navajyothi College had established an endowment in the form of financial aid to each academic years’ best student from 2014-15 onwards. The endowment fund was created out of the earnings received from “Bitzflare”, IT fest which was organised by the third batch (2014-15) of BCA students. Each academic year, Rs. 2500/- is provisioned towards the delivery of the endowment.
Criteria for Awarding the Endowment
- The scholarship is intended for the best student of BCA who excels in all aspects of studies.
- To be considered for the endowment, students shall not have any course arrears in the university examinations of their first five semesters of study.
- Marks secured in the semester end university examination will be the major deciding factor in awarding the endowment.
- Additional consideration shall be given to organization of or participation in any extracurricular and co-curricular activities in the campus.
- The members of the faculty of the department shall convene a meeting in which they shall assess the nominations and decide the awardee.
- If more than one student scores equal weightage marks, the endowment shall equally be shared among them.