Department of English
English is a global language that has brought people and cultures together. It has now, in the current global scenario, become the language of education, technology, trade and cross-cultural relations. In addition to its basic functionality in helping to widen the learners’ perspective by introducing them to sundry cultures across the globe, English literature as a discipline caters even to the inculcation of values as it enriches communicative skills, and thereby grooms the holistic development of the youth. Learning of literature thus contributes richly to community living and comradeship. The Department of English offers under graduate and post graduate courses.
- Started B.A English with journalism in 2014
- Started M.A English in 2018
- To promote Language skills
- To teach and train students in communication skills
- To enable students to manage life’s situation
- To develop students’ personality and linguistic competence.
- Conduct Propaedeutic classes for fledglings of all departments every year
- Conducted a series of invited talks on various topics by eminent Professors
- Outreach Programmes for PG Students
- Conducted a class on ‘The Basics of Self-defense’ at Govt. U.P School, Kannivayal, Cherupuzha
- A short course in Yoga conducted to help the students overcome emotional and physical disorders
- Conducted various inter departmental competitions.
- Creating eco-friendly premises of the department with the twin objectives of beautifying the department and to encourage the students to tend to indoor plants and thereby to be one with nature.
Department of Computer Studies
The Department of Computer Studies functioning from the very beginning of the college in 2011, offers a full-time Bachelors Programme with six semesters leading to the degree of Bachelor of Computer Applications. Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate program where students are exposed to various areas of Computer Applications including the latest developments in the industry. BCA graduates are absorbed by multinational software companies like TCS, Wipro, etc. Department has a well-equipped Computer laboratory with around 50 computers which are of the latest configuration, Seminar hall with projectors. The well qualified and dedicated faculty provides guidance in academics, higher studies, research and placement of our students. Exposure to emerging trends and technologies aids us to facilitate growth that strengthens the knowledge-base of the study
The Program enables the student to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Computers, Business environment and IT Applications in Business.
- Successfully understand & analyze technical data to reach actionable conclusions, including technological solutions to the business.
- Learn technologies & IT languages, so the business problems could be addressed.
- To identify and sharpen their IT/ programming skills.
- To produce employable IT workforce, that will have sound knowledge of IT and business fundamentals that can be applied to develop and customize solutions for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
- To develop skilled manpower in the various areas of information technology like Database management, Software Development, Computer-Languages, Software engineering, Web-based applications etc.
- 2nd Rank, Kannur university, 2011-14 batch, The First batch
- 100% success in 2013-2016 batch
- Conducted State Level IT FEST, “BITZFLARE -2013,-15, -17”
- Students placed in MNC s during their course period.
- 2 students got placement in Wipro, 2012-2015 batch
- 3 students placed in TCS and 1 placed in Wipro, 2013-2016 batch.
- 5 students got placement in Wipro, 2017-2020 batch.
- Conducted an Exhibition “ voyage of PC to Post-PC Era-TECHNOVANCIA “ in 2020
- Bachelor of Computer Application
BCA Syllabus - 2014 Admn
BCA Syllabus - 2019 Admn
Previous Year Question Papers
- Communicative_english (nov2019)
'Meet the Master' - Invited Talk